Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Movember

At the beginning of November, I decided to participate in a fundraiser called Movember, which raises money for men's health issues. In Canada, the specific issue is prostate cancer research. Instead of running, as the breast cancer fundraisers always make you do, Movember involves the growing out of one's mustache. You shave clean on Nov 1, and let it grow throughout the month. At that point, I guess you can decide what you want to do with it--or in my case, Marilu will no doubt tell me to shave off the godforsaken thing.

So, all that said, I'm looking for donations! As with any fundraiser, no amount is too small. If you'd like to donate, please visit my "Mo Space" at http://mobro.co/justdeal. There should be an icon you can click that says "Donate to Me." Just follow the instructions, and voila, you've just helped out a worthwhile cause!

I've taken three pictures so far, and I will continue to post new ones at roughly 5 day intervals until the end of the month. As you'll see, my mustache isn't exactly wowing anyone yet. It's not that the hair isn't coming in; instead, it's the fact that my hair is so light that it's hard to see. I'm not really sure how I have dark brown/gray hair on my head and blonde hair on my lip, but there it is.

Enjoy....

Day 3 (since I forgot to take a picture on Nov 1).



Day 10


Day 15



More to follow.

No comments: