Monday, July 19, 2010

Scooter Time

Way back at the beginning of May, my mom and Kevin came up to visit. We had told Lucas several weeks before that they were bringing him a Spider-Man scooter, and I'm (not) ashamed to admit that we used it as blackmail (i.e., "if you don't go to sleep, we're calling Grammy and telling her not to bring the scooter"). It worked mostly so you do what ya gotta do.

Unfortunately, we didn't get any good pictures of him on the scooter. After all that waiting, he spent about 5 minutes with it, before becoming enthralled with something else they brought. I can't recall what at the moment, but it was something very simple, as is usually the case with kids. We probably could have just handed him a box with a sketch of Spider-Man on the side, and he would have been just as thrilled. Anyway, regarding scooter pics, here's the best of the worst.


To make up for it, here's a real cute picture of him and Kevin on the couch.


In other news, while Marilu and Lucas were over in Newfoundland, I spent some time building him a brand-new sandbox (between sleeping in, drinking many adult beverages, and eating a ridiculous amount of meat). It's not going to win any construction awards, but it's the first thing I can remember building by myself in recent memory so I'm kinda proud of it. When Lucas gets back, I'll be sure to get some pictures of him playing in it. Later!

(Whoops, just found a couple good scooter pictures from the next day. Check 'em out!)


No comments: