Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Our little thug

Back in April, Lucas received a long-sleeve Spider-Man shirt from the 6 year-old son of his daycare provider's neighbor. Lucas happens to really like her son, and as a result, this shirt rocketed to the top of his favorite shirt list. If he sees it, he HAS to wear it. There's been times where he has worn it all day, kept it on for bed, and then fought with me when I tried to take it off of him the following morning. Being long-sleeve, we pretty much had to hide it once the warm weather arrived since he would likely prefer heat stroke to removing it.

One of the things I haven't mentioned about it yet is that is has a hood, which Lucas refuses to put down while he is wearing the shirt. The result is that we have a 3-year-old kid running around the house looking like a hoodlum on "long-sleeve Spider-Man shirt" days. See the pictures below to get an idea of what I am talking about.

Of course, nothing says "thug" like eating pancakes.



"But mom, I'm trying to look tough!"


I think Marilu is mocking him here.


I stand corrected, nothing says "thug" like eating pancakes while your mommy reads a Caillou book to you.



I wrap this post up with an extremely rare shot of Hoodlumus Toddlerus with his hood down. I guess he felt the backwards hat would keep his street cred intact.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Two great days of postings. thanks. The capes were great and the little hoodlum pictures were too cute to be called "hoodlum". So who taught Lucas to turn that brim like a gang boy?

Mom