Sunday, June 27, 2010

For Grammy!

This post is dedicated to my mom. She was visiting us last week and drove home this morning. I know she loves seeing Lucas while she is here, but she also makes our lives much easier. From a purely selfish standpoint, I love the fact that she is a morning person (I am not) so when Lucas wakes up at 7 in the morning, I can just hand him off to her and go back to bed for another hour or two. She also made it possible for Marilu and I to go out for a couple of evenings without having to worry about the rugrat. In fact, on Friday, we caught the Broadway musical Avenue Q at the National Arts Centre (phenomenal show!) and then stayed in a hotel, enabling us to actually sleep uninterrupted through the night. What a joy!

In honor of my mom, let me post this picture of her and Lucas from an earlier visit this year, back in March. Thanks for the visit, Mom!

1 comment:

mom said...

Thank-you. I was so moved by your posting, as was Kevin. I love that picture and I think I'd like to have that one enlarged and framed.

I miss you all and can't wait to see you here in August.

Love you.
Mom / Grammy