Friday, June 11, 2010

#500!

Here it is, post 500 of Lucas's little blog! I'm not surprised the blog is still going since, despite the fact that I don't update as often as I did in Year 1, I have every intention of continuing this until he is old enough to tell me to stop ("you're embarrassing me, dad!") or they shut down the Internet. That said, actually saying the number 500 makes me realize just how much time I've spent chronicling his development, and I'm glad I stuck with it.

I don't have anything super special planned for this entry, but as it so happens, the next pictures I was going to post ARE pretty amusing so let's just pretend that was a calculated decision. Maybe post 1000 will get something more elaborate.

Lucas is finally old enough that he has started making faces and associates labels to the faces he makes. For example, when we tell him to make his "happy face" or "sad face," we'll get a response from him. So what we did here is have him go through all the different faces he can make (or could make, since this is from back on March 1). Hope you enjoy!

Our little actor sits in his chair and prepares for the performance.


Somewhat surprised.


"Are ya kiddin' me?"


No idea what we call this face. Feel free to add your own label.


Sad panda face.


Our little stoner.


And finally, the "Hey, I'm only a day old" face.


Thanks to everyone who has been with us for the first 500 posts. Hope you stay along for the ride as we shoot for 1000!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for keeping up with the blog. We know it's time consuming, but what a great journal you're keeping for Lucas...it's a treasure. Keep up the good work.

Grammy and Grampy.