Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year's Eve

As promised, I have a new post for you today. I've already taken tonight's Percocet, in anticipation of going to sleep in the next couple of hours, but the effects of the pill aren't starting to hit me yet so I should be fine for the next ten minutes or so.

Before I get into the meat of this post, I'd like to refer you to last year's New Year's Eve post right here. It took me until February 1 to get it up on the blog so my October and November 2009 pictures that are still sitting on my hard drive nothwithstanding, I'm getting better at the big events. Right? C'mon, someone agree with me.

It's actually kind of funny to look at last year's photos alongside this year's since the subject matter is nearly identical. Both years, we're at a kids' New Year's Eve party and Lucas is kissing lots of pretty girls. I'm such a proud father. The only major difference between the two parties is that last year's was at Heidi's and this year's was at Christine's.

Before our little lothario got down to business, he took some time to eat dinner at the table with the rest of the kids. This was as close as I could get to him looking at the camera. He's not as paparazzi-friendly as he once was, unfortunately.


A little bit later, he and Sherri (spelling?) worked on a fire truck puzzle in the hallway.


In the following video, Lucas gets kisses from Heidi and Francesca. He also got a kiss from the third girl in that clan, Genevieve, but I didn't get that on the camera. He does seem to like that family. :) Also, I love how he downs the rest of his "champagne" after the second kiss.





More champagne, please!


Of course, ya gotta close out the night with a kiss for mommy.


Hope everyone has a great 2010! Oh, and for all my Canadian friends, in honor of last night's hockey game, I just wanted to say, "USA! USA! USA!" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because this is a child friendly blog I will restrain myself from commenting on your final paragraph. But suffice it to say that my tongue is out and pointing in your direction.