Monday, January 4, 2010

Children's Museum

I'll be out of commission for most of the day so I wanted to get a post up since the last one was on Christmas. I'm going to the doctor at 4:10 this afternoon (yay, rush hour traffic) to get my upper back looked at. I've had a sharp pain, somewhat like the whiplash-like pain you get in your neck, that has been bothering me off and on since a few days before Christmas. It really intensifed last night, making it impossible to get into a comfortable position in bed. I finally was able to fall asleep in Lucas's bed, due to the firmer mattress, around 4 something. Don't worry about him, he had already crawled in with mom hours earlier. Hopefully, the doctor can prescribe something for me or at least point me toward someone else who can help since I was in so much pain last night, I was ready to head to the emergency room.

Enough about me, let's check out Lucas. The latest pictures of him since Christmas are still on the camera, which is upstairs, so for this post, we're jumping back in time again. I plan to get the new ones up later today or tomorrow so you can see what he did to entertain himself over the holidays. Though we did forget our camera at Jay and Christine's house from Christmas Day until New Years Eve so that will make catching up easier.

Way back when, in October, my mom came up to visit. I didn't get many pictures, presumably since she took most of them with her camera. However, I did remember to snap a few during a trip to the Museum of Civilization across the river in Quebec. Part of the museum is a children's museum, and suffice to say, Lucas had a blast.

The quality of this first shot is so-so, thanks to our camera, but I think I make up for it by providing a video from inside the Indian bus that Lucas is pretending to drive.






Sticking with the driving theme, Lucas also tries out an Indian mini-taxi vehicle...


...and wraps it up with a ride on a motorcycle. (eh, why not wear a construction helmet?)


Whoops, how could I forget the camel?


Amusing story about this last photo. In one section of the children's museum, there were several animal cutouts. You can see Lucas holding an elephant in the photo. Right next to them was a fountain. Well, Lucas took literally every single one (elephants, giraffes, monkeys, etc) and brought them over to the fountain to give them water. He would hold the mouth end of the cutouts near the water, presumably giving them a chance to drink. Very cute stuff.

No comments: