Saturday, November 14, 2009

Our Future Construction Worker

For those of you who don't know, the developers of our subdivision have been working on our block since we moved in 4 years ago. The last few lots across the street are finally wrapping up with the last one closing sometime this month. A couple of months ago, while they were still being constructed, I brought Lucas over to look at some of the equipment that they left on-site at night. He was well into his trucks and tractors phase so he couldn't have been happier that they had left the thing you see in the picture below (I call everything a tractor or backhoe, due to my complete ignorance of heavy machinery). I think his face tells the whole story.


In other news, it's been a boys weekend since Marilu went down to Syracuse with some of her soccer teammates on Friday, returning Sunday evening. On top of that, I had Lucas all day Friday as well since his daycare provider was diagnosed with H1N1. I suspect I might have him on Monday or Tuesday if she can't shake it this weekend.

All in all, it's been a pretty good weekend with him. He slept through the night last night, and unbelievably, he slept in until after 8 this morning. Normally, when Marilu is home, he is up around 6, so I think this is all the proof I need that he loves me more. :) The only negative of the weekend so far was that my absent-mindedness kicked in, and I completely forgot about his swimming lessons this afternoon. I made it up to him by letting him watch the old school Batman with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson (fast-forwarding through any scenes in which Batman didn't appear or there was excessive hitting of criminals, of course).

And now I'm off to bed since a whole day with the little guy tends to wipe me out. Sheesh, in bed before 11 on a weekend night. What's happening to me?

No comments: