Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009

This year was the first year Lucas could really participate in Halloween. I think he helped out a little giving out candy last year--I assume, since I was in London at the time--but he got to do it all this year: help carve a pumpkin, wear a costume, go trick or treating...the whole shebang.

A couple of days before Halloween, I bought a couple of pumpkins, and then Lucas and I cut one open, emptied its guts, and carved a face on it. He really seemed to enjoy the whole process though he was a little weirded out by the gooey inside at first as you can see on his face here.


Marilu took the following video in the middle of de-gutting the pumpkin. Lucas wasn't sure whether he wanted to do the official job, eat the pumpkin, or get into a food fight of sorts.





Lucas poses with the finished creation. What a proud kid.


On Halloween night, we went out with a few of the neighbors and their kids so we had quite the little gang going. That only lasted about halfway down the street since the older kid (age 4) moved a lot quicker from house to house while Lucas and some of the other took their time or got distracted as you'll see in some of the photos below.



One of the houses was decorated really well with, among other things, this skeleton laying against a tree. Instead of being scared or tentative, Lucas went over and plopped down in its lap for a few minutes. He must have thought it looked too skinny as he also offered it some of his chips.


A few houses later, he and his friend Reid decided that lying in the middle of the grass and taking a rest would be a good idea. I pretty much carried him home from there since he grew tired of carrying his bag around at that point.


When we got home, he sat out on the porch and watched people come to our place for trick or treating. Turns out he loves lollipops.


We didn't get too crazy for Halloween this year since I was pretty busy with my real estate exam (which I took on Halloween morning, for the record) and didn't have the time to decorate much. That said, we still tried to go for the Halloween look, which you can see here.


Finally, I took a picture of Lucas and Marilu, who is dressed up in my old Army uniform. There's no way in heck I'll fit in it anymore so might as well make some use of it.


3 comments:

Mom said...

Hi!
just got home from Vegas and had to check out the Halloween pics. Looks like everyone had a good time. I loved the "I'm all done" laying in the grass shot.Your uniform looks good on Marilu by the way.

Love, Mom

Kimmers said...

Liked the background music on the video...Kelly Clarkson your pick? :)

lp said...

Enjoyed seeing all the Halloween photos of Lucas...so cute!