Monday, September 28, 2009

Massachusetts: Part Deux (Lake Edition)

In the last entry, I covered our trip to the zoo while in Massachusetts. In this one (and probably the next), the theme is the lake. There are 50-60 pictures from when we were playing on or around the lake so I'm just going to go through and pick out some of the highlights. For those of you who are curious, my mom lives on what non-natives call Webster Lake in Massachusetts. However, the official name is Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaug. Yes, I can spell that from memory. If you think I'm making that name up, check out its entry on Wikipedia.

This first one is just a high-level view of the dock as you are coming down the stairs from the house...just to give you an idea of where we were.


Can you tell by that wide grin that Lucas is having fun?


One of the problems with the lake is that you get a lot of fish that we call kivers (spelling?) near shore and they tend to nip at your legs, particularly if you have much hair on them. They were really freaking Lucas out so one day, while he was napping, I went up to K-Mart and picked up a Spider-Man fishing pole and a fishing net. Lucas is still too young to understand the fishing pole but we had a blast catching the fish in the net. There were a couple of times I was able to pull up nearly 10 of them. Whichever ones weren't able to squeeze through the netting ended up on the dock so Lucas could look at them. After a minute or two, we would put them back in the water and replace them with new ones. I think Lucas had a really good time.



It did take a little bit of time to get used to the idea though. :)


Close-up of the guests of honor. You may notice bits of bread around them. Since we fed bread to the ducks, Lucas just assumed the fish would want it as well.



I think he's trying to make sure we know where the fish are.


My mom got really lucky with this shot. Great one of the three of us.


The rest of the lake pictures are from when we were on a boat so I'll save those for a separate entry. There are also several videos from this set so I'll try and remember to upload them to YouTube. It may take a while though since it's not the quickest process. Once they are up, I'll link to them here.

No comments: