Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Finally, Massachusetts (Part 1 of ?)

Procrastination, begone! I'm finally tackling our Massachusetts trip from late July/early August. I've been putting it off for what feels like forever now since we took a massive amount of photos on that trip--eyeballing the albums looks like about 150 pics. Obviously, a lot of them are probably either very similar to one another or crap, but the end result will probably still be 3 or more posts from the trip.

So without any further adieu, let's begin. The first one focuses on our trip to the Southwick Zoo. It's a relatively small zoo less than an hour from my mom's place in Webster, but despite its size, I was extremely impressed at the number of animals they had. In addition, you were able to get a lot closer to the animals than you can at one of the bigger zoos. We all had a blast, and the only negative is that it started to rain so we had to leave early. My dad and I brought Lucas back later in the week, but unfortunately, we didn't bring the camera for that trip.

In our first picture, Lucas and I take a look at the tortoises. In case you are shuddering at my profile, I'm going to the gym again!


You can't see it in this picture, but at another monkey cage very similar to this one, there was a monkey in it that kept leaping at the fence and baring its fangs at us and then started whacking itself in the head. Lucas was entertained by that for nearly 5 minutes. It was probably the highlight of the zoo trip for him.


Actually, this was the monkey. I just don't have any pictures of him leaping at us.


Lucas's face is a little blurry in this shot, but I love the look of sheer excitement.


Hanging out with the monkeys...


See what I mean about how close you could get to the animals? Great view of the white tiger. I can't recommend the zoo enough if you happen to be in Mendon in south-central Massachusetts.


Later that evening, he had some bonding time with Kevin.



And then he relaxed with the local paper.


Many more pictures on the way!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Excellent choice of pics. Well done. Lucas is such a happy little guy.