Monday, September 29, 2008

The honeymoon is over

Oh, what to say about Lucas this weekend? They say if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all so this is one of those cases I shouldn't talk much about our son. Seriously though, if he could have been frustrating this weekend and into today (Monday), he was. Waking up crying at night and not going to bed. Screaming if we tried to put him to bed. Squirming like crazy and yelling any time we tried to change him, put him in a seat, put clothes on him, etc. Whining and crying almost all day long. Taking short naps even though he was obviously tired. The list goes on and on...

I know we've been lucky compared to some people since Lucas has been pretty good as far as behavior. Yeah, he could be better at times, but for the most part, we can't complain (too) much. However, after this past weekend, if you asked me if we wanted a second kid, I'd have to laugh in your face. It got that bad.

Anyway, enough of my bitching. Here's some pictures of the little bugger in happier times.

Haha, okay so the first one from early September is him screaming while trying to open the door. I suppose they aren't all happier times. If you take this picture and multiply it across this entire weekend, that was what our lives were like.


Lucas got a hold of Marilu's springform pan from one of the cabinets and decided to make an accessory out of it. Call me crazy, but I think he's just a future bodybuilder testing out weight belts.


This last picture speaks for itself. I'm sure what it's saying, but it's definitely speaking something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called toddlerhood and let me tell you it doesn't get any better!
Christine

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear you brother. Thierry was being quite the little turd (but still a cute one) for much of September. I chalked it up to starting daycare, being tired (because of daycare - stress + activity + less overall sleep), teething, and just plain old being a toddler. Sometimes I think he's going to blow out my eardrum.

He's gotten a little better now as he gets used to daycare, but wow can the boy kick up a fuss when he wants to. A lot of the time I'm just trying not to laugh because really, there's nothing else you can do. It really is a good thing they're so cute. And the smiles are that much sweeter when the screaming is over.

Anonymous said...

Uhoh its the terrible twos getting closer haha! :)

Anonymous said...

Relax!

Those are small problems. Remember. Little person, little problems. Keep that in mind as you look forward to the teenage years. You'll long for these days.

Hang in there!
Love you all
Mom