Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Farewell

Earlier tonight, I received the news that my great Aunt Julie had passed away yesterday evening. To say she'd lived a full life is an understatement when you learn that she was a remarkable 103 years old. Even so, it's a big loss as everyone in the family loved her. The last time we saw her was around Christmas last year, and I swear she had more energy than me. Up until she went in the hospital, she was still living on her own and taking care of herself. On top of that, I don't believe I ever saw her in a bad mood. Maybe happiness really does extend your life, in which case I better stop grumbling about work so often.

In any case, I wanted to dedicate this entry to my Aunt Julie. As long as we had you, it wasn't nearly long enough. I love you and miss you, Aunt Julie. Take care wherever you might be.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute. It brought tears to my eyes, but I am so happy that you were able to not only have those wonderful photos, but also have Aunt Julie's sweet voice recorded for Lucas to hear one day as well as tell him about his special Great Aunt Julie.

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear your news Justin. My thoughts are with your family. Never easy to lose a loved one.

Christine

Anonymous said...

Justin,
Thank-you for making me cry. I wasn't able to do it until I read your farewell. Thanks for sharing your heartfelt thoughts.

I love you for being you.