Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fever Update

Lucas is better tonight, but his temperature is still hovering between 99 and 100. Also, his sleep schedule may be thrown off since we let him sleep quite a bit more than usual today so if his current screaming at being put to bed around 7:30 is any indication, it may be another long night. Thankfully, for me, anyway, Marilu has tomorrow off to take him to the doctor for his regularly scheduled check-up (great timing for once) so I may not have to get up quite as much tonight as yesterday. With any luck, the little guy will be clear of this fever by the end of the week.

On a related note, I've had that feeling you get when you are about to be sick for about a month now. I keep waiting for it to kick in and just happen, but no dice. It would almost be a relief at this point, kind of like that feeling when you have to sneeze and it just won't happen.

For today's photos, I've included a couple of nice shots of Lucas and Marilu from August 31. These were from the same photoset as the shot of Lucas in his red rubber boots. These are not quite as surreal. :)




Also, here's a few photos of Lucas playing with a blanket. Though I don't have too many photos of it, he's really got a thing for covering himself with a blanket/sheet and either walking around or just sitting there. So much so, in fact, that Marilu suggested we have him be a ghost for Halloween. I can't imagine him actually keeping a sheet (or any costume) on for that long, but it would definitely be appropriate.



On the brightside, since I started typing this, Marilu was able to quiet Lucas down. Thank the gods for small favors. I'll be back tomorrow with an update on his latest condition, which will hopefully be peachy.

1 comment:

JP said...

I don't know how people can get their kids to bed so early. We barely get in the bath tub by 7:30. Last night was the earliest they have been to bed in ages and that was 8:00 to 8:30. Most nights it is 9:00 to 10:00 before both of them are asleep. If we put the kids to bed at 7:30 they would be up before 6:00 AM. That is too early for me.

As for the fever and colds, don't worry your time will come. The last two years have been the most sick Lara and I have ever been. We never got sick before. It has been great with the kids home, they don't get sick and neither do we.