Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Feverish Toddler

Lucas ran into his second fever today. I got a call at work from his daycare, uh, person? I'm not sure what the technical term is so we'll go with that until someone corrects me. Caregiver just sounds too much like some person that bathes the elderly and brings them their paper. And the daycare chick may be a touch informal.

Anyway, I got a call from her telling me that his temperature was initially 103 but had moved up to 104. So I left worked, picked him up, and brought him home to take care of him. Immediately after giving him some water and children's Tylenol, he had the biggest throw up I've ever seen from him. I put him in the bath to clean him off and then gave him some more Tylenol (since the first batch was mixed in with his lunch somewhere on his carpet). His fever eventually dropped down into the 100 range.

It was rising a little again this evening as the Tylenol wore off, but we gave him some more prior to bed so we're keeping our fingers crossed that he'll be okay. For what it's worth, other than the ride home from daycare--when he was looking miserable--he's been in really good spirits. No lethargy, and he's been running all over the place. It's not until you feel his burning skin that you realize he's running a fever. So it's good to see he's staying positive. I suppose I could learn something from him.

On to today's picture. Yesterday, Lucas created his first craft at daycare. It's a finger painting celebrating the start of fall. Granted, I'm mourning the departure of summer, but that's a whole other topic. We had it on the fridge temporarily until he decided to try and tear it down, but I was quick enough to snap a picture before his destructive tendencies came to light. If you look closely at the lower left side, you can see his handprints. Cute stuff. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Lucas. I hope he has a good night's sleep and that he wakes feeling better tomorrow.

You are framing his first artwork, sren't you?

Hugs and kisses!