Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Super Bowl 2015

My mom and Kevin came up to visit us last week, and as luck would have it, the two teams in the Super Bowl also happened to be the teams we were rooting for. Lucas is a huge Seattle fan (as you've probably gathered from previous posts on this blog), and the rest of us cheer for New England.

The more important news to you blog readers is that my mom brought us a new camera, a Nikon D3200 DSLR. While it's considered an entry-level DSLR camera, it's light years better than the point-and-shoot we've been using for the last decade. I haven't even read through the manual yet, and I'm getting much better shots. Just imagine once I know how to really use the thing! A big thanks go to both my mom and dad since they got it for us as an early anniversary present.

For the inaugural post in the brave, new world of the Nikon D3200, let's take a look at some photos from our Super Bowl party on Sunday night. First up, Lucas shows off his Seahawks duds.


My mom and Kevin were wearing "Showdown in the Desert" shirts, but there was nothing neutral about them. They were completely behind New England.


Marilu shows off her sexy Patriots pants.


Check out the food spread. It's amazing just how many football-themed dishes we have.


About halfway through the game, they surprised me with a birthday cake since my birthday is tomorrow (Feb 4). As has been the case for over half of my birthdays, it was a Coca-Cola cake, by far my favorite style. Ironic, in a sense, considering that I rarely drink soda.


Lucas obviously enjoyed the cake too.


It was a hell of a game, as evidenced by the intensity on their faces.


Even though his beloved Seahawks lost, Lucas proved he wasn't a bandwagoner and still wore his Seahawks hat the next morning. He also put on a Brady jersey since he likes the Patriots too (just not as much as Seattle).


Many more pictures to come! The new camera has rejuvenated our desire for taking photographs, and because it makes it a lot easier to zoom in at hockey, expect a bunch of those very soon.

No comments: