Friday, January 23, 2015

Lucas's First Play

As you'll recall from last week's post, Lucas was chosen to be the troll in his 2nd grade class's version of The Three Billy Goats Gruff. This morning was the big day, and I went to see him and his classmates put on a good show. Unfortunately, it was the last day of the semester for high school students so Marilu was unable to be there, Thanks to our handy camera, I was able to video his performance so neither Marilu nor you will have to miss our budding Laurence Olivier.



Other than a brief forgetting of his lines in the middle, I think he did well. His fall at the end--and subsequent wig flying off in the bow--got the biggest laugh of the show (his group was the last of 6). I think it's safe to say that my penchant for being a class clown when I was younger (and some would say still) has rubbed off on him.

Here are a few photos from the "afterparty."



Posing with his buddy Liam. (Trivia time! Liam was Jason Voorhees in the Halloween pictures.)


1 comment:

Mom/Grammy said...

Thanks for the timely posting. I wasn't able to comment until now, but I've got to say that the fall was the best part of the play. Tell Lucas that it's a good example of actions speaking louder than words. Wish I could have been there and sorry that Marilu had to miss it. Very cute!