Monday, January 5, 2015

The Sneak

Last night, it was my turn to read to Lucas before bed. After reading two chapters in "The Notebook of Doom," I asked if he wanted me to read more. He shrugged and said no. I figured this meant he wanted me to read from "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" instead, but that got a no as well. I asked him straight up if he wanted to go to bed, and he answered yes. Puzzled, since he usually tries to stay up later, I brought him to his bed and went downstairs.

An hour or so later, Marilu headed up to bed. A few minutes later, I heard her raised voice telling Lucas she was disappointed in him. It turns out he snuck his iPad upstairs and was watching the cartoon Paw Patrol on Netflix in his bed. Due to past transgressions, he's not supposed to bring his iPad upstairs so this was a double whammy if you include staying up past his bedtime.

I found the whole incident more amusing than anything, but it's taught us that we need to keep an eye on him if he starts doing things out of the ordinary.

Speaking of last night, here's what Marilu was doing. That's the Sens vs Lighting on the TV and the World Juniors hockey game between Canada and Slovakia on the iPad. That's a true Canadian right there!


1 comment:

Mom said...

Uh oh. Wily little guy isn't he. I imagine the iPad is taking a bit of a vacation. That's the trouble with these things. Very addictive. Speaking of addictive, looks like Marilu enjoys her screens too. We had a good laugh.