Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Penultimate Massachusetts Post

Regarding the title of this post, ask Marilu or my mom what "penultimate" means. See if they remember.

Not much new to speak of. Lucas's school had its "meet the teacher" night so we got to see his classroom and, big surprise, meet his teacher. She seems nice enough, and she had nothing but good things to say about him. Whether she was lying through her teeth remains to be seen. :)

Enough, jibber jabber, let's get to the pictures. I mentioned previously that we spend a lot of time hanging out in the yard when we visit Massachusetts, whether it's BBQing or sitting by the fire. Here are a bunch of photos to support my claims. Apparently, we also like making faces.








Here's a few more from the lake.





For the record, that's Kyle (he who I spoke so highly of last time) with Lucas and my mom in the last picture. We'll see him one last time in the next entry when we all go bowling. Speaking of Kyle, he helped Lucas catch this crawdad near the shore. Lucas kept him as a pet for the whole trip, releasing him on our next to last ("penultimate") day.


On one of the nights we planned to sit by the fire and relax, the heavens decided to open up on us and pour rain. While everyone else went in, I defied the rain gods (at one point yelling, "I defy thee, rain gods!") by staying out there through the 30 minute downpour and kept the fire going. I may have had a few beers to drink at that point. This is the picture my mom took of me from the house at about the halfway mark of the downpour.


Finally, here's your bonus video of the day. The world's least threatening ninja shows off his moves in the driveway. To his credit, he does have a nice catch right toward the end.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hah! Penultimate! And I was so sure I knew what it meant until I stood corrected. I'm going to try to forward the picture of Lucas with Kyle to his e-mail if I can figure out how to do it.