Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's in a name?

Before I forget, I wanted to relate a quick anecdote from March, before Lucas knew Marilu was pregnant. We were lying on the couch, talking about baby names, and Marilu said, "Lucas, if you had a baby brother, what you want to name him?"

Without skipping a beat, Lucas responds, "Asshole."

I'm not sure what I felt stronger at that moment: shock or the need to laugh uncontrollably. A month later, I'm still perplexed as to where it came from since "asshole" is not in my normal repertoire of curse words. If anything, I would have expected "f'n moron" since I do let that slip out from time to time when driving with him in the car (ALL the time when driving by myself).

Currently, my favorite boy's name is Anakin while Lucas wants Hawkeye. Unsurprisingly, both of those have been nixed by Marilu. Though if I get enough support for Anakin from you, my loyal readers, who knows, maybe she will change her mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for Yancy for a boy. Do we know it's not a girl?