Thursday, April 12, 2012

March Break - The Final Two Days at Sea

After St Maarten, we began our long journey back to Port Canaveral (wish it was longer!). Here are some of the highlights of those two days.

Leaving St Maarten. How depressing.


Lucas and I pose at dinner in our snazzy shirts. He even had matching shorts!


The next day we tried playing miniature golf with Lucas. The key word there is "tried." Although the pictures look like we had a fun time, it was a bit stressful. He didn't really want to be there, and we ended up leaving around the 8th hole when he flung his club and ball onto another green.



More face painting from Camp Carnival. This time, he got the Carnival logo. Cheap advertising for them, I guess.


One of Lucas's favorite parts of the trip was an urban dance troupe called Fun Force. We saw them perform a couple of time earlier in the cruise, and then on the next to last day, they did a thing in the auditorium where they kids from different age groups come up and learn some of their dances. Unfortunately, I didn't get any great pictures of Lucas since I was (and still am) trying to figure out the new camera. However, this one shows he was having a good time even if his head is turned. He didn't really do much of the dance, but we were very happy to see him run on stage, given his shyness issues in the past.


After the dance demonstration, the guys from Fun Force posed for pictures in the atrium. While waiting in line, Lucas and Brandon took this picture together in their matching glow-in-the-dark pirate shirts.


Lucas, Brandon, and Fun Force.


I'm not sure what Brandon thought of Lucas, but Lucas definitely considered him best friend material on the cruise. Here's one final shot of them together outside the restaurant followed by our last family photo.



Why, you might ask, did I take a picture of my food? Well, on a cruise, all the food is free so it gives you a chance to try things you might not otherwise try if you had to pay for it. For our last dinner, what of the appetizers was frog legs. Normally, I wouldn't have given these a second thought, but then I figured, what the hell. I'm glad I did since it turns out they aren't that bad. I'm not going to start ordering them instead of chicken wings in the future, but I would definitely try them again.


Some more photos from our last night at the restaurant. It's a little hard to see here, but all the waitstaff were lined up on the stairs and singing to the audience.




This was our head waiter, Antonio. You couldn't have asked for a nicer, more helpful guy. That said, he probably secretly hated us gluttonous white devils with money.


Lucas and I take one last picture in our room before debarking. It may not look like much, but we had a fun time there.


I'm just including this since it was the very last picture from the trip. This was taken during our several hour layover in Detroit. Lucas had his blue blanket as well as a buttload of Star Wars figures, and he was happy.


So that wraps up our vacation pictures. I'll probably go back to trying to catch up on older photos in the next few entries. A quick glance shows that I have some from as far back as September to post so I have my work cut out for me. Whatever the case, I hope you enjoyed this series and thanks for following our adventures!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Loved everything about this posting! Kevin had a good chuckle when he read about the mini golf adventure. We're guessing golf might not be his thing.