Sunday, April 1, 2012

March Break - St Maarten

Our last port of call was St Maarten. I think the consensus among our group is that this was the best stop on the trip. Not only was the beach just about perfect, but it and the shopping area were very close to the cruise ship. As you'll see in the first photo below, you can actually see our ship off in the background from where the beach is. We've already discussed going back at some point, either to a resort or possibly renting a villa with some other families. 

Unfortunately, one of the downsides to being such a great stop was that we didn't think to take that many pictures. All of the highlights you'll be seeing are from the beach area.

Once again, we took a water taxi to get to where we needed to go. In this case, it was a much shorter trip. In this picture, we're at the dock right next to the beach, and as I mentioned above, you can see the cruise ships in the background.





I really wish we had a video or better picture of this. Lucas got really comfortable with the floaties in his arms, and he decided to float on his back while bending back his legs and holding his calves with his hands. I hesitate to use the word, but it was just plain adorable. There were a group of college-age kids in the water near us, and they loved it too. One of the girls actually took a picture of him as well. Actually, you can see that group in the previous photo. Kudos to Marilu for getting so many bikinis in the background. :)


The obligatory cruise ship photo. I'm only including it since this is probably the best one we took.


And that's it from St Maarten. If you're planning a trip to the Caribbean, I highly recommend stopping there. We loved it.

I've got a few more pictures yet to download from the camera from the last two days at sea. I should have those up in the next day or two.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I thought I commented on this but I guess not. I loved the family photo. Needed sun glasses just to view your shirt...a real tourist you are. Great little floater you got there. Lucas looks like he's meant for the Islnd life.