Monday, December 20, 2010

Temptation

We put up our Christmas tree a couple of weeks ago, but we've been hesitant to put any presents under the tree since we weren't sure how Lucas was going to react. About a week ago, we received a wrapped present in the mail (from cousin Elise), and Marilu and I decided to put it under the tree after he went to bed that night to see what he would do the next day.

As with most weekday mornings, I'm the one that gets up with Lucas since Marilu is usually off to work at some unearthly hour. The two of us came downstairs, and I believe it took him a grand total of about 10 seconds to notice the new present. He immediately rushed over to it and asked questions ranging from "where did this come from?" to "can I open it?" The latter outnumbered the former about 20 to 1.

I found the whole thing really amusing since the temptation of Lucas to just tear the wrapping paper off in a frenzy, despite my warnings not to, was thick in the air. In the end, he did manage to control himself, but I got these pictures of him to record the proceedings.


From Let's Make a Deal!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You're a better parent than I was. I would have let you rip that present open upon arrival...hmm, maybe I was the good parent.

Love you still.
Mom