Tuesday, December 7, 2010

September Summarized

Whew, it's been a busy week. I spent the last few days working on an offer on a townhouse for some clients, but that fell through last night so we'll be back looking on Friday afternoon. I've also managed to get sick yet again as I've been dealing with a sore throat and stuffed-up head since yesterday morning. Ah, the joys of winter. Speaking of winter, or rather a time that WASN'T winter, let's see what was going on in Lucas's life back in September.

I don't know if I've mentioned it, but Lucas's hair is long. Really long. I don't think we've had it cut since March or April. It doesn't seem quite as long as a kid with straight hair, but the curls are getting more bouncy by the day. We really do need to get him a haircut soon, but I'd be lying if I didn't say the long, curly hair is cute. What does all of this have to do with September? Glad you asked! Although his hair wasn't as long as it is now, it was still getting pretty bouffant-ish, and I decided to comb his hair straight back and see what kind of volume I could get with it. The results follow:



Who knows what transpires in the minds of children? One evening, Lucas got it in his head that he wanted to make a trail of towels through the first floor. I'm not sure what the point of it was, but he seemed to enjoy it.


This was about a month and a half early, but Lucas tested out his Halloween costume. On Halloween night, he decided to go with a different mask since this one kept getting sucked into his mouth as he breathed.


If I recall correctly, I had him alone that night as Marilu had something or another she had to attend. As part of his bedtime bargaining (a.k.a. how can I stay up as late as possible), he asked if he could sleep in the hallway upstairs. I was skeptical about how well this would work, but not an hour later, voila!


Here are a few pictures from his friend Genevieve's birthday party. I wasn't able to make it so this will have to be one of those times where a picture will be worth a thousand words. All I know is that he wouldn't go on the pony ride, which is odd since he rode on a full-grown horse in Massachusetts this summer.




Finally, here are a couple of crappy photos (brought to you by the Apple iPhone) from our day at the Carp Fair as well as dinner at the fantastic Cheshire Cat.



And that's it for September, probably our most photo-phobic month since Lucas was born. Things have picked back up since then so expect lots of great photos in the weeks ahead. Night all!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hope you're feeling better. Try some airborne. Loved the comb back poof. Talk about a throw back hairstyle. By the way, the last time I saw Lucas, I told him that he should get his hair cut and he said very emphatically, "No. I yove my yong air." Too cute.

Grampy Kevin said...

Don't take Lucas to Foxboro on a windy game day. He might get mistaken for Donald Trump. Hope you saw Monday night's game. You'll know what I'm talking about.