Sunday, August 22, 2010

Some older stuff

Hey all, we're back in Ottawa. Actually, we returned Friday, but I was busy with Lucas for the past couple of days (Marilu had a book club get-together at a cottage) so I had very little computer time. I thought about starting in with the Massachusetts vacation pictures immediately, but we're headed off yet again on Thursday for a long weekend visit to Niagara Falls so I've decided to wait until next week to post those.

If you thought there were a lot of Newfoundland pictures, you ain't seen nothing. Between our pictures and the ones I got from my mom's camera, I think we have nearly 400 pictures from the 2 weeks we were there (or 1 week, in my case). Obviously, not all of them are Pulitzer prize winners, but there should be enough good ones to keep us busy for a couple of weeks of posts.

To hold you over until next week, I'll be uploading some older photos from June that I never got a chance to post. With any luck, I'll get one step closer to the mythical "catching up" that I always seem to strive for yet always fail miserably at. No comments about that trailing preposition, thank you very much.

We'll start with the very last picture I took in May. Lucas has really enjoyed helping Marilu out in the kitchen. Whether it's adding ingredients to a bowl or mixing something with a spoon, he is more than happy to help. Here we see him perched on his chair, as they concoct that night's dinner creation. Of course, pants are always optional.


As you have seen many times, most pictures of Lucas are adorable.


However, the odd stinker does make its way into the batch.


Like most kids, Lucas loves playing with the hose. Doesn't matter whether it's warm or cold, just so long as he has a chance to make something wet.


Here I was demonstrating how to eat a cupcake as messily as possible. I believe he picked up on it quite quickly.


1 comment:

mom said...

We miss you all already. Thanks for posting so soon. The cooking pics are so cute. I was there for the others...good memories resurrected!