Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Massachusetts 2010: Part 1

Time for the Massachusetts trip. I just counted the total number of photos and videos from both our camera and my mom's camera, and it came to a whopping 464. Even if I pick out just the highlights, we're still looking at a whole buttload of posts devoted to Massachusetts. I'll try and be gentle.

Before I get into it, I just wanted to update with what's been going on lately in our lives. Lucas started back at daycare last week, after having the whole summer off. He wasn't there the whole week though, as we drove down to Niagara Falls on Thursday. Besides seeing the waterfalls themselves, we got a chance to visit our friends Wes and Kelly, along with their brood, in Hamilton, Ontario, and then on Saturday, we spent the day at the Toronto Zoo. I didn't take nearly as many pictures during that trip so I should be able to cover it in one post. Whenever the Massachusetts juggernaut quits rolling.

Also, we're bringing Lucas for another speech assessment tomorrow. He's light years beyond where he was last year, but we're just being safe. He still doesn't say his H's very well (if at all), but as those of you who have heard him recently can attest, he sure doesn't mind talking.

Ok, onward with vacation pics. The first week was just Marilu and Lucas so, like the Newfoundland, trip, I may not have much to say sometimes since I wasn't there. However, all 3 of us were around the second week.

As most of you know, my mom and Kevin live on a lake in Webster (I won't show off my awesome spelling ability of the lake's real name again), and the first day they were there, they took little time getting into it.

My cousin Greg (which would be Lucas's first cousin once removed or second cousin?) watched Lucas try and figure out his Spider-Man fishing pole. This picture also gives you a good idea of the view from the dock.


Greg then helped Lucas out.


And then the master fishermen posed on the stairs leading up to the house.


Believe it or not, Lucas took this picture of Marilu and Greg by himself. Why she let him hold a valuable piece of electronic equipment on a dock, with water on both sides of him, is a mystery, but still, a fine job of photography. Note that I am not posting the 20 other photos of their legs, the trees, or the sky that he managed to take while trying to get this shot.


Another good photo of Greg and Lucas.


Guess which of these 2 photo subjects does NOT want to be there at that moment.


Kevin, or Grandpa Kevin in Lucas parlance, had no idea what he got himself into when he married my mom. At least I'm fairly sure he didn't expect to one day be sitting on the floor in his living room playing knights with a 3-year-old.


I'm even more certain he didn't foresee this...


Ok, that's all for Day 1 of the trip as well as Part 1 of this series. See you next time!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good stuff! Please have Marilu make some copies for Greg. I'd do it myself but like usual I don't know how to. I'll be in touch with Marilu for specifics. Kevin and I both got a good laugh out of the last 2 shots. So wouldn't his clients!

Love you all.