Monday, March 16, 2009

Montreal

Hey all. We just got back in from Montreal a couple of hours ago, and I'm settling in as Lucas and Marilu both nap. I'd like to say it was a fantastic 3-day weekend, but unfortunately things didn't go that well. The trip there was fine on Friday night, and we got to see the Biodome Saturday morning, but Marilu got really sick with a fever and chest cold later in the day, which basically kept her bedridden all of Saturday evening and most of Sunday. I took Lucas for a few walks on Sunday, but we couldn't go too far since there was some police brutality protest march going on, and the police officers we ran into strongly suggested staying away from it. Probably for the best since the news reported the over 200 people were arrested.

It wasn't a complete wash since we did get to the Biodome, which was our main goal, and I got a lot of reading done, but I suppose it could have been a lot better. Oh well, nothing you can do about colds, and there's always next time.

On top of all that, we got home to find out that one of the idiots working on the new houses across the street backed into our Cavalier on Friday, caving in part of the driver's side door. We have all their information from our neighbor, and I'm sure insurance will cover everything, but still, what a fine thing to come back to.

As you can imagine, there weren't too many pictures taken in Montreal. I'll upload them in a follow-up post later today since the cable I use to connect the camera to the PC is still packed away. Talk at you again then!

No comments: