Monday, March 16, 2009

Montreal Pics

If you haven't read about our less than perfect Montreal mini-vacation, go read the previous post. That will explain why there are only a few pictures from the trip. And with that out of the way, pictures!

Here's a picture of Lucas after he accessorized at the hotel. You'll notice one boot on, a neck warmer, and his hat. That was all him. I suspect fashion designer is not in his future, and for that, I thank the gods.


On a side note, we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Montreal, and the room was fantastic. I almost always stay at Embassy Suites when I travel and this was probably the nicest room I've seen yet. We even had a HUGE jacuzzi tub, which Lucas absolutely loved. He took a bath (with at least one of us) all 3 nights as he had a blast with the air jets and all the bubbling.

It was tough to get good pictures at the Biodome since you weren't supposed to use a flash, and these little automatic cameras seem to work best when a flash is employed. Here's a decent shot of Lucas and me in the tropical zone, the first of four climates you walk through in the Biodome.


I get a kick out of this "action sequence" from a more moderate climate zone. I'd have to look it up to remember which one exactly. Suffice to say we grabbed him before he continued his progress in the last picture.





Finally, here's mom and son at the penguin display. That was probably our favorite part as you could see the penguins zipping around under the water through the glass not 2-3 feet from you. I had a much better picture with both of them smiling for the camera but due to the darkness in the room, the lack of flash made it too blurry.


And that's it for photos from our trip to Montreal. All of them were taken Saturday morning before Marilu's cold took a turn for the worse. If I get a chance, I'll try and scan in another "photo" I got on Sunday. While Marilu was resting in bed, I took Lucas to a nearby Build-A-Bear (or the French equivalent) and we made a stuffed giraffe. It came with a passport and includes a photo of the three of us: me, Lucas, and Marty the giraffe. Yeah, I took the name from Madagascar, and yeah, I was stupid enough to confuse the zebra's name Marty with the giraffe's name Melman. They say the mind is the first thing to go, folks. Anyway, if I can get a decent scan of the passport, I'll try and post that sometime this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the action sequence. Lucas would have gone over the wall we're sure without some intervention. He looks pretty fearless. What a great spot to take him-the Biodome.