Sunday, June 8, 2008

Museum of Civilization

Our next stop finds us on May 19, which was the holiday Victoria Day up here in the Great White North. We decided to head down to the Museum of Civilization since it has a children's museum in it. That, and neither my dad nor I had ever been there.

Lucas tries out his acting chops by donning some headgear in the theater area.


Lucas tries out his first rocking horse. I suspect we'll be buying him one of his own soon enough based on his reaction.






Later on, Lucas and my dad check out one of the exhibits together. My dad likes to read all the items whereas Lucas is content to simply point out that the exhibit does indeed exist. :)


For those of you in the Ottawa area that haven't been (which is probably none of you), the Museum of Civilization is a pretty good museum. The children's area is a great place for the kids and I was amazed at some of the detail in the rest of the museum, particularly the re-creation of a street in early 1900s midwest Canada. I've now been to two Canadian museums, the War Museum being the other one, and I can't say enough good things about either one of them. Hopefully we'll get a chance to come back and see an IMAX movie with Lucas before too long.

No comments: