Friday, June 13, 2008

Experimental Farm

On May 24 (yeah, I'm WAY behind), we went to the Experimental Farm here in Ottawa. I'm not really sure about the origin of the name, but it's basically a farm that is open to the public with plenty of animals, exhibits, and other things to see. It's a really fun time for younger kids, from what I can tell. As you can imagine, I took LOTS of pictures. See below for some of the highlights.

The Deal Boys once again pose for a shot, this time in one of the barns at the Experimental Farm.


In this picture, Lucas can't decide whether to ogle the sheep or pose for the camera. Obviously, posing won out.


Outside, he actually got to pet one of the sheep. Suffice to say he was thrilled.


In the cow barn, Lucas and this cow take a liking to one another.



A few minutes later, Lucas laughs hysterically as a calf licks his feet. Have I mentioned he's very ticklish?



Gramps and Lucas posing some more at the museum section of the farm.



I decided to post this next video since I haven't got any other video of Lucas and my dad really interacting. To be honest, it doesn't look like there will be any interaction at first in this video, but then we finally distract my dad from reading one of the exhibits. Yeah, he's one of those dads who reads every last thing at museums. :)



In the same museum, Lucas got a chance to ride on a tractor simulator. As you can tell my his face, this was one of the highlights of the days for him.




Before we left, we spent a few minutes at the playground. Lucas seemed to enjoy this thing even if it was a tad bit too big for him. This was the second rocking type ride he tried, with the first being the rocking horse at the Museum of Civilization. We think we're going to buy him a rocking horse with some of the money he receives for his birthday since he hasn't had complaints about them so far.

No comments: