Monday, February 4, 2008

Wrapping up January

Now that we're several days into February, it seems prudent to catch up on all the photos from the last week or two of January. Before I get to those, two items of note: first, for the very few of you who don't know already, today (Feb 4, which is just about over) is my 37th birthday. I took the day off from work, and Marilu and I played a board game (7 times), ate lots of food, and watched TV. In my opinion, that's the prescription for a damned good birthday.

Speaking of prescription, the second thing I wanted to mention is that Lucas is suffering through his very first cold. In the past, we've thought he may have had something here or there, but there were never any legitimate symptoms. This time, he had a runny nose, a hacking cough, and he just seemed miserable. Thankfully, it seemed to be a 36 hour thing, as it started on Saturday and the worst of it was only on Sunday. By today, the nose was almost back to normal, and while he was still coughing, he didn't seem as down in the dumps as he did on the previous day. Good to know the antibodies are working right.

I should note that we skipped his swimming lesson on Saturday morning due to his condition, not to mention we had a foot or so of snow dropped on us Friday night so just getting out of the driveway would have been an adventure. I made up for it my taking a bath with Lucas on Saturday night and filling the bathtub much higher than normal (for him) so that he could kind of float. I think he enjoyed it.

From Jan 27...Lucas had blueberries for the first time that day. Like just about everything he's had (other than broccoli), he didn't mind it. He seems to really like fruit so that's a good thing. The best thing about blueberries is that if you don't get them in the mouth directly, it makes for a funny picture afterwards. Observe...


From the same day, Marilu gets Lucas to laugh while snorting at him. Amusing sidenote: about halfway through the video, you can actually hear my stomach growl. This health kick I've been on for a month is fine and well, but sometimes, the belly likes to let its feelings on the matter be known.



Here's a picture from the same timeframe. Lucas appears to have found the perfect position to relax and watch TV. Poor Marilu though when he decides to let some air out of his backside.


I thought putting Lucas in one of the cubbyholes in our coffee table would make for a funny picture. Unfortunately, he didn't share in my assessment and voiced his displeasure through a variety of high-pitched, high volume screams. Suffice to say, he won't be going back in the cubbyholes involuntarily anytime soon.


From Jan 31...we've yet to give Lucas a haircut in his first 7 1/2 months, and that's saying something since he has quite a bit more hair than a lot of babies. Of course, the dark side of lots of hair is that it can get pretty crazy. We took this photo of him (with a blanket held up behind him for contrast) to show off how wacky his hair was that night.


Ok, the video is still uploading to YouTube so I may as well continue on to February. From the 1st, here's a shot of Lucas and me. I think this may be the first pic I've posted since I got most of the mop cut off my head a few weeks back. Quite the distinguished gentleman, eh? Oh, and I look good too. :)


I'd move on to the 2nd, but there are 2 videos from that day I want to post, and if I did that, I'd be here for another hour or so. As a result, I'll try and get those up tomorrow. As a hint of what to expect, it's the return of one of his cutest outfits. If you really can't wait, check out the February 2008 photo album as the photos are already uploaded there.

Talk to y'all later!

No comments: