Thursday, February 21, 2008

Progress

No pictures tonight, but I have some updates on Lucas's "QUEST TO CRAWL!" There, now I've given it a name that would make FoxNews proud. He had two moments of note today. First off, this morning he actually got up on to his knees unaided while on his belly, which was a first, but before he could actually propel himself, he flattened his legs out again. So close. Then tonight, he was able to get himself into a sitting position from being on his belly. Once again, a first. Okay, so the latter isn't directly related to crawling, but it's still pretty cool.

It seems like there's some neat thing he's doing everyday lately. For instance, when I came down the stairs last week, he turned when he heard the stairs creak. I quickly ducked down so I was partially obscured by the couch. In the past, he would normally have just gone back to doing what he was doing, but now he's actually stretching to look around things so as I popped up a little, he was able to see me. And of course, I received that award-winning smile.

I tell ya, I never thought a kid would affect me this way, but damn, that little boy makes me happy. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This one reminds me of the South Park where Paris Hilton dresses Butters up as a bear and keeps him as a pet.

I'm a bad ol' bear.

Anonymous said...

So Proud, of BOTH OF YOU. Dad, you're wonderful. Love the journal. Lucas, it goes without saying that you're a special little one.

Grammy