Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Day in the Life

Thought I'd try something different this time around. In this post, we're going to take a look at a day in the life of little Lucas. Not one, not two, but FIVE videos of him from today plus a couple of photos. You don't even want to know how long it took to upload the videos on YouTube, that infernal service.

Before I get to that, I wanted to quickly mention that Lucas's health is fine. I probably should have mentioned this last night, since Marilu was able to get an appointment on Monday, but I guess I forgot. The doctor said his chest is clear and that the gurgling sound is coming from his esophagus area so it's likely just phlegm or something from his cold last week. Apparently, he's not completely over it yet. As for the eating and sleeping issues, it sounds like they are just typical baby problems, and she gave Marilu some tips on how to make life easier on all of us. So worry not, he's still a healthy baby boy!

Speaking of eating, let's kick off the multimedia extravaganza with two videos of Lucas attempting to eat watermelon by himself. He's never handled any food with the texture of watermelon, and as you'll see in the videos, he wasn't sure what to make of it.





We've been trying to teach Lucas how to crawl over the past few weeks, using a variety of different methods. Here, I think Marilu was resorting to the drag philosophy.


Moments later, I finally let Lucas handle the camera for the first time. Now that he's old enough to recognize things, I think he's fascinated by it since I've taken so many pictures of him. While I didn't let him have control of it totally, I showed what Lucas looks like from the camera's point of view. Hope you don't get motion sickness easily. :)



Later on, it was bath time! We finally got a good video of Lucas doing what he does best, going crazy in the bath tub. Since I don't want to have too many embarrassing videos of him for his future girlfriends, we helped keep him modest with a cloth over his lower parts.



Oh, who am I kidding? I can't help but take humiliating shots of him. This next video ought to get some good play a couple decades from now at his wedding reception. If, y'know, we still use videos and don't just beam things directly into our brains. Anyway, Lucas is hell bent on getting the Lion King book in the bathtub. He may not be able to crawl on the regular floor, but put some water under him, and he becomes a little motorboat.



And to wrap up the day, a parting shot from the bathtub. Hope you enjoyed your day with Lucas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to watch the swimming/water crawling video 3 times - too cute. He looks like one of those mechanical wind up frogs that swim in the water. Love it.

Tracey