Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yet another milestone

On September 9, Lucas first turned over from his belly onto his back. Today, one day shy of 5 months old, he finally returned the favor, and turned from his back onto his belly. It wasn't without amusing moments. Over the last week or so, he's come close to making the flip over, but he always gets stalled while on his side. Well, during his first turn today (which I missed since I was at work), apparently he got on his side, let out a fart, and then completed the turn onto his belly. I guess it just took a little gas-powered propulsion.

Thankfully, he decided to turn over quite a few more times tonight (without any emissions), and though I missed half of them on camera since the sneaky little bugger would wait until I was distracted, I got one of them on video. Here now, is Lucas doing a back-to-belly flip for your viewing pleasure. (Try to ignore Friday Night Lights on the TV in the background. Every time I turned the TV off, Lucas would stare at me.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lucas...getting moving little buddy so you can really make your parents live chaotic.

Trust me, you thought having a baby was tough. Wait until that baby gets moving all around on his own. You'll need a set of rollerblades to keep up.

Christine

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending the video. It's the next best thing to actually seeing Lucas in person. We even replayed to see him turning several times.

Kisses to Lucas from Grammy and Uncle Jared (Uncle JD).