Sunday, November 25, 2007

This weekend

On Saturday, one of kids in our social circle had his first birthday so we headed over to their place for the party. I suspect kids' birthday parties are going to become the new social event in my life. Not quite the same as going out to a nightclub, but at least it ought to be better on my poor liver.

For the excursion, we dressed Lucas up in an outfit my mom got him a few months back. In addition to the fact that it's ridiculously cute on his own, if you look closely, you can see she had "Team Lucasaurus Rex" embroidered on it. Lucasaurus Rex is the first nickname I used for the little guy, and it's also the name of the fantasy football team I made for Lucas.


Lucas and the birthday boy Tyler in matching seats. As you can imagine, it was next to impossible to get both of them to look at the camera at the same time so I took the best of the lot.


Lucas really, really wanted to stick this entire balloon in his mouth. I didn't have the heart to explain basic physics to him. When I get back on Wednesday, I'll try and remember to upload the video of him trying to get the balloon.


Moving on to today (Sunday), the theme of today was relaxation. We caught Lucas in at least 3 different poses in which he's just kicking back. This first one reminds me of a cheesy guy lying on a sofa and asking, "How yoooouuu doin'?"


Before we move on to "comfort pose" 2 and 3, let me show off his New England Patriots outfit. This is another one my mom bought for him some time ago, but he finally is able to fit into it. I love his expression in these 2 pictures.



Now that we have that out of the way, here's a couple pictures of Lucas hanging out on my lap. Doesn't he look relaxed?



Finally, Lucas truly lets it all hang out while watching football with his mom later on in the afternoon.

No comments: