Sunday, April 2, 2017

Hockey Playoff Game #3

Lucas's hockey team had their last of the round robin games this morning, and there was good news and bad news. First, the bad: they lost 2-0. However, due to their previous games, they ended up in 2nd place in their division so they will be going up against the #1 team in the other division, which might be his best friend Zach's team. I'll update on that when I know more.

Regarding the hockey, allow me a moment to put on my tin foil hat. Lucas's division for the round robin hosted the #1, 3, 5, and 7 teams (out of 7). The last place team lost almost every game this season, winning maybe 2. However, against the 1, 3, and 5 teams in the playoffs (all of which swept #7 in the regular season), their record was 5-1, 9-1, and 2-0, respectively.

Don't get me wrong, I understand hot streaks. Heck, Lucas's team got swept by 1 and 3 in the regular season but then went on to tie the top team 1-1 and beat the other team 2-1. But that's a reasonable upgrade since they were just able to get past them. Contrast that with a team that couldn't find its ass from its elbow in the regular season and then managed to outscore the other teams 16-2 in the playoffs. Something's VERY suspicious about that.

Anyway, the semifinals are next Saturday morning and should they make the finals, the Emojis would play on Sunday. So no matter what happens, it all wraps up next week, and then we'll move on to flag football and baseball. As I said above, I'll update once I know the specifics so keep an eye out.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Couldn't find the net today, huh? That happens. As long as Lucas still enjoys the sport, it's all good. Maybe you missed me as a cheerleader. Love you all.