Saturday, May 21, 2016

Baseball Photos

The Padres had their closest game of the season last night, winning 12-10. I wasn't even sure they had won until I saw the official score posted to the website this morning. It was the first time they didn't score 5 runs in an inning (which automatically ends the inning) and the first time the other team DID score 5 against them. Lucas had 3 at-bats with 2 strikeouts and a walk. Despite that, I was happy with his performance since he struck out swinging and not just watching strikes fly by. So he wasn't scared of the ball like in the previous 2 games.

As promised, here are some pictures. First off, here's the top part of his uniform. I may have said it before, but I'm really impressed with their uniforms. In hockey, everyone has the same Blazers jersey, and then the kids pick a name that typically has nothing to do with the Blazers. Here, they have a team identity right off the bat. I realize hockey jerseys are considerably more expensive than baseball ones, but still, that's just styling right there.


Here's a couple of him out in right field between pitches.



And finally, a couple at bat. This is the first year where the kids do the pitching as opposed to a coach. If a pitcher throws 4 balls, rather than getting a walk, the batter hits off the tee. That way, the kids get both hitting and fielding practice, regardless of the pitcher's skill (or lack thereof).



All of these photos were taken with my iPhone at one of the first practice/exhibition games. Hence their not being all that close up or clear. I plan to bring the Nikon to a game soon so once I do, you'll see some better photos.

Enjoy, and have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Not bad pictures considering they were taken with the i-phone. I was actually happy to hear the last game was a closer one. You all know how it feels to lose since your hockey experience.