Saturday, September 5, 2015

Hello, January

We're back! Ok, I wasn't gone that much longer than normal, but it felt that way, especially with all the data managing between the two laptops and other assorted logistical issues. However, now all the photos have been moved over and are ready for primetime.

BORING TECHNICAL EXPLANATION FOLLOWS...FEEL FREE TO SKIP
One of the first things I did was rearrange my To Do folder. In the past, I've had several subfolders in it, based on how the photos were taken (Nikon, Marilu's iPhone, etc). The problem with this is that I would have to search multiple folders if both of us took photos of the same event. So I took all the photos and dumped them together in the To Do folder itself. Then I arranged it by date so all related photos, no matter what device took them, will be grouped near each other. Theoretically, it should make things easier in the long run.

To give you an idea of the work ahead of me, there are currently 869 photos in the To Do folder. Many of those won't make the blog, but it takes time to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak, so I'm going to start my way from the oldest to the newest. I will update with newer stuff from time to time (especially when it is time sensitive--for example, a hockey game), but if I ever want to get through the backlog, oldest first is the way to go.
BORING TECHNICAL EXPLANATION CONCLUDES

Now that that boring explanation is out of the way, on to the pictures. This first batch is from January, during a visit by my mom and Kevin. These were also among the first photos I took with the Nikon. What I like about many of them is that they are more candid (vs posed), which is not something I take very often, excepting sports stuff.





Goofing off for the camera.


Far be it for me to be left out.


They can't all be winners.


Kevin and Lucas on their respective iPads. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?


I have no idea what this pose is for, but in my head, I can't help but hear Lucas yelling, "Fabulous!"


Playing Head's Up on the iPhone at Big Rig.


I don't normally care for many of the photos taken of me, but I thought this one came out relatively well.


Lucas took a break from a basement game of hockey with my mom to "pose."


Some much better poses with my mom. The facial expression in the first one cracks me up, and I have no idea whose glasses he's wearing in the third one.




Here, Lucas poses with the best named beer of 2015.


No beer was consumed in the production of this photograph.


More photos soon! Oh, and on the news front, Lucas starts 3rd grade on Tuesday. Where has the time gone?

Whoops, almost forgot I have a video for you too. From sometime in January, here's Lucas channeling his inner rock star as he "sings" Iron Maiden's "Aces High" on Rock Band 2.



See you next time!

No comments: