Thursday, April 30, 2015

March Break 2015, Day 5: San Juan, Part 3

Ok, I gotta get the cruise photos done before next March break comes around. So here's some more from Day 5. If you recall from the last cruise post, we were waiting on the Pirates of the Caribbean show to start. Let's pick up there. And you'll have to bear with me since the first part of this is full-on tourist mode.

Since we stayed on the top deck after the Mickey show, we had pretty good seats right in the middle of the deck. The "bad" pirates (i.e., anyone not Jack Sparrow) came out and stood on platforms spread throughout the crowd. As you can see here, we were literally right next to one.



Next up, Jack Sparrow rappelled down from the top of the ship. I was about to stay the smokestack, but then I realized it's not 1914. So whatever you call the structure in the middle of the ship.



Here's a couple of shots of Jack during the show that I think came out particularly well. I love his expression in the second one.



Admittedly, this isn't the greatest picture, but it was the best one I had of Jack and a bunch of the other pirates on stage (you can also see the video screen at the top). Spoiler alert: most of the show revolved around the pirates chasing Jack, in order to steal some sort of treasure from him.


If I remember right (I had a LOT of whiskey so my memory is a bit foggy), that gauntlet on Jack's arm was the treasure.


And moments later, the gauntlet caused a huge boom and then this happened!



I know you probably don't come here for fireworks photos, but I was so impressed with the quality of what the new Nikon could do, I had to post them. I'm pretty sure my iPhone would have made a muddled mess of that. Anyway, that's it for the show. On to the dance party!

I should point out that at this point, Marilu took control of the camera. I just counted and she took 131 photos of the post-pirate party. Because of the lights and running around, a lot of them aren't very good photos due to blurriness plus I have to trim this down since you're not scrolling through this for the next hour. So here are the highlights...




This one amuses me because the girl on the left and woman on the right look like they really want to stand on their podium. Top quality real estate right there!


Did I mention I'd had a few drinks? Yeah, these next few will provide evidence of that.







And finally, no night on the town (or boat, as the case may be) is complete without a midnight taco bar.


Up next: Day 6, Castaway Key. Though I might post his First Communion pictures before that. We'll see. (edit: after thinking about it, I realized Day 6 was a Day at Sea. Day 7 is Castaway Key)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Disney is the way to cruise for families. Looks like so much fun!