Friday, March 28, 2014

Catching Up, Part 2

Today's adventure into the past consists of 11 photos from Marilu and Lucas's trip to Newfoundland last summer. You may think 11 sounds like a lot, considering I was just trying to get the highlights of the remaining photos, but there were over 120 photos taken during that trip so I think I did a pretty good job paring them down.

I really like this first photo even though I'm not sure where it was taken (I suspect Conche, where Marilu's dad is from), and I don't know any of the kids in it except Lucas (far left, obviously), but it's just a cool-looking picture. So it gets included.


Back in Holyrood, where Marilu's parents live now, they went berry picking on one of the days. I like how we can follow from the actual picking...


...to the tub of berries...


...to the muffins...


...to breakfast. And that, folks, is the life cycle of Blueberrius Newfoundlandis.


Now that I look at that picture, it looks like they are eating pie. But let's pretend they're muffins so I don't have to go back and edit anything, ok?

Lest I forget, here's the sexy fashion that goes with berry picking. Be still, my beating heart!


At some point during the trip, Lucas went to a birthday party that had this thing at it. He's already braver than me when it comes to heights (or spiders, for that matter).


And finally, pictures with various family members that I thought turned out well. The pictures, not the family members. Though I suppose all of them turned out well too.



I have no idea what is happening here. Or where Lucas's pants are.


That dog is the definition of letting it all hang out.


Next time, we'll be back to Ottawa. See you then!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi!

I'm finally back and ready to resume comments. I was afraid there wouldn't be any postings and I'd have to complain. Good job catching up. Now keep it up! Arachnophobia, huh? You get that from your dad. Sorry.