Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Catching Up, Part 1

Day 1 of catching up begins! Out of 400+ photos, I was able to pare them down to 58 pictures plus a few videos. So this should only take 4-5 days to reach 2014. Of course, once we get there, Marilu and I need to start taking some new photos pronto. If you think the blog has been lax, you should see our camera use. Or lack thereof. Since the beginning of 2014, we maybe have 30 photos taken so far. And most of them are duplicates or not that great. So yeah, we need to get our butts in gear on that front.

But enough about that. Here's the first batch of photos. We'll start off with the oldest ones, taken during March break of last year. Lucas and Marilu spent the week in her hometown of Labrador City.

Snowmobiling near the mine with her brother Jonathan.



Lucas hanging with his cousin Colby.



Great shot of the moms and cousins.


Jumping forward to July, here are a couple photos from when my dad and brother visited. I'm not sure if Lucas is intending to look like an "Arrrr" pirate in the first one.


Cow is one of Lucas's oldest stuffies. If I remember right, my dad bought Cow for him during my dad's first visit after Lucas was born. To this day, he's still one of Lucas's favorites.


Later in July, we took a trip over to the east side of town to visit Little Ray's Reptile Zoo. Lucas was really interested in lizards at the time, and I think this was one step toward our eventual purchase of Spot.

You know that thing you see on rear view mirrors, "Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear." Well, this picture was just the opposite. I think I used the zoom feature on the camera since there is no way I was that close to the tarantula in Marilu's hand. More power to her, but my arachnophobia was kicking in hard.


Just feedin' the turtle. Or tortoise. I'm sure they told us the difference, but I'll be damned if I can remember which is which 9 months later.


Can't have a reptile zoo without a giant alligator lurking around. Or is it a crocodile? Bah, let's not get started on that again.


Despite my earlier statement, I was able to get close to this tarantula, but that's because of the thick glass. Otherwise, I'm sure he would leap straight at my jugular.


And last but not least (well, maybe least, who am I to judge?), another picture of Lucas and me. I believe this was taken at a restaurant in Montreal. We were there since Marilu and Lucas were flying out from the Montreal airport to visit her family in Newfoundland.


And that's a good way to end tonight's update, teasing the next post, which I believe contains over 10 photos from the Newfoundland trip. See you next time!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Well it was worth the effort - there are some great photos in there!