Monday, March 24, 2014

Catching Up, Once and For All

One of the things that has kept me from regularly posting in this blog has been the fact that I'm so far behind when it comes to uploading photos. I have a "To Do" folder, which currently contains over 400 photos, going all the way back to March of last year. So most of the time, when I think about posting something, I see that unwieldy number, my morale deflates, and I put it off "until tomorrow."

It occurred to me earlier that the way to get over this feeling is to get rid of it all and start with a clean slate. Now by that, I don't mean I'm going to delete all the photos. What I mean is that I'll do 4-5 entries over the next week or so that will just feature the highest of highlights. No more 10-15 photos for a single event, such as a vacation. At least not for 2013. The downside is that I won't be able to post every single photo I like, but on the positive side, once I'm caught up (or at least back in 2014), I won't feel like this is an insurmountable task, and I'll be able to post regularly again. Now that Lucas is getting older, I would like to do more updates that focus on news as well since there's a lot of stuff happening in his (and our) life. Did I mention he's playing soccer and rugby this summer?

So with that said, I'm going to finish off this post and go organize the To Do folder. I'll have the first Catching Up post done tomorrow, and then the rest will come by this weekend. With any luck, everything from this weekend forward will be 2014. See you soon!

No comments: