Thursday, January 2, 2014

First Post of 2014!

Sorry about the post-Christmas disappearance. For the first few days after Christmas, my free time was spent with one of my gifts, Assassin's Creed III on the Playstation 3. However, this whole week has been devoted to preparing for my Corporate Finance final, which is on Saturday morning. I promise I'll have more photos up this weekend.

Quick hockey update: Lucas's first "tournament" was on Dec 28. I use the quotations since it was technically a Fun Day. They didn't keep score, and it's all for fun, but they did play three games so it was tournament-ish. We've been harping on Lucas to keep both hands on his stick and to be more aggressive in going to the puck, and I'm happy to say there was definite improvement. He even scored three goals in the first game (we only saw 2, but he swears on the 3rd), so that was a nice surprise. I think it's nothing but practices for the next couple of months, and then in March, he might have up to three separate tournaments (um, Fun Days). So that ought to be a busy month. Unfortunately, we didn't get much in the way of pictures. The arena was pretty busy, and our cameras aren't that great at getting long distance action shots so you'll likely have to be satisfied with news of the events for the time being.

So that's that for now. I'll do everything I can to get a new update up by Saturday night. In the meantime, Tracey just contacted me a little bit ago to let me know her pictures from Christmas Eve are up. If you want to see more of how all 3 of us spent that night, check it out here. You'll have to scroll down a little ways, but you'll know it when you see a dinner party. :)

And lest I forget, Happy New Years!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Justin,
Let Tracy know I just viewed her pictures. Her photos are gorgeous. You really need to upgrade your camera now that Lucas is involved in sports, you'll need something that has a good zoom and clarity. I've seen some that are not too expensive. We can talk about it when I see you in Feb.