Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

I'm currently bogged down with accounting stuff so I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Here are a couple of pictures from last night's trick or treating. Lucas was in a rush to get out there and collect his candy so I didn't get a chance to get a really good picture of him. So here he is, in all his "not looking at the camera, red eye" glory.


And here are this year's pumpkins. You'll note they aren't nearly as detailed as previous years. I didn't really have time nor did I feel like spending 2 hours carving a single pumpkin. I was able to carve each of these in about 10 minutes so that was nice. Lucas came up with the design of the one on the right, actually drawing it on a sheet of paper and then I adapted it (which basically entailed removing the body he wanted attached somehow). The left one was inspired by a pumpkin we saw on the Curious George Halloween special. So even though they aren't as fancy schmancy as other pumpkins I've carved, this was the first year Lucas had input on both. Maybe I'll let him carve one himself next year.


We really lucked out on the weather. Earlier in the day, it was rainy and chilly, but by nighttime, the rain was just about gone and the temperature had come up drastically. As a result, there were about a million and one kids trick or treating on our street. Marilu and Lucas had put together treat bags earlier in the week so she exactly how many bags we had. We went through all 157 of them. Quite a turnout!

Okay, gotta run. Accounting for foreign currency transactions is calling my name. Thrilling, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to post Halloween. We really look forward to seeing Lucas on these fun holidays. It makes us feel more a part of what's happening with him.

Love you all.

Mom