Wednesday, February 27, 2013

First time skating! (this winter)

Although I've been sick with a fever and a cold and a sore throat for the last couple of days, I'm making sure to get this post up before midnight since I sort of promised it in the last update, and I don't want my mom giving me grief.

This entry is devoted to skating. Marilu and Lucas hadn't skated at all this winter, but she decided to rectify that situation a couple of weeks ago. There's a couple of community "rinks" in our neighborhood so we went to the closest one, which doubles as a parking lot during the warmer months.






Of course, an update like this would be nothing without videos so here you go.





I think they only went skating once or twice last year so we were pretty impressed at how quickly Lucas got acclimated to skating (even if the ice was rough enough that it was more like ice walking). We haven't gone since then, but we hope to get him out more before winter is over. Unlike most Canadians, I didn't grow up near ice so skating isn't second nature to me. Therefore, it doesn't always occur to me to get Lucas into it. On the other hand, Marilu is a true Great White Northerner so you can blame her for Lucas's delay in the tundra sports.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Like Marilu has nothing else to do...shame on you! Actually the videos were really a treat to watch. I was impressed with the way Lucas was able to get up after falling...good job.

Tracey said...

Looking good. We got Thierry off to a good start going a fair bit when he was 2 and 3, then last year we didn't go at all. Haven't been yet this year. Which means poor Étienne hasn't ever tried skating. I blame time taken up from skiing this year. Have no excuse for last year. Thanks for the reminder to head over to our parking lot rink SOON. Not this weekend though. ;)