Thursday, February 14, 2013

Birthday #5

Probably the biggest event you missed last summer during my hiatus from the blog was Lucas's birthday. I might have posted a picture of him blowing out the candles on his cake, but I didn't upload anything for his party. I know it's strange posting about this now, seeing as he is closer to 6 than 5, but I wanted to include it for posterity.

Because there are a LOT of pictures from his birthday, thanks to pictures from both my camera, my mom's, and our friend Tracey's (just over 200, I believe), I've decided to upload all the photos to the online albums instead of trying to find 10-15 highlights out of all of those. I think there's a link on the right to the photo albums, but you can click here to go directly to the birthday one. (I just found out Google has changed the way the photo albums work. You definitely need to use this link, not the one on the right. If anyone has problem accessing the albums, let me know.)

When you look at the pictures, you may notice that some are at home, and some are not. What happened is that Lucas's party was initially scheduled for the day of his actual birthday at a place called Monkey Around. Unfortunately, he got sick the night before, and by morning, it looked like he would be in no condition to attend a party. On top of that, Marilu came down with a case of strep throat. As such, we rescheduled the party for the following Saturday. For what it's worth, Lucas ended up recovering pretty quickly, but because of Marilu's condition, it was best that we did cancel the party, or she would have had a miserable time.

So the pictures you see at home are from June 16, Lucas' birthday, and the ones at Monkey Around are from the following weekend. I'm sure that's more information than anyone needs or cares about, but hey, I'm all about full transparency here at Deal With It. :)

(I wasn't going to upload anything in this entry, but I'm feeling generous so here's a video of Lucas getting his birthday cake at Monkey Around.)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Can't view video...black only

Mom said...

It worked today. Very funny...blowing out those candles a little prematurely was great. Looks like Lucas had a little help from his buddy too.