Friday, October 26, 2012

Saunders Farm with the Grandparents

Here are the rest of the pictures from my mom and Kevin's visit last week. On Saturday, they took advantage of this unseasonably good weather (please no snow this winter, ok, Canada?) and brought Lucas to Saunders Farm.

At the gas station on the way to Saunders Farm. Gotta love the crazy new 'do.


According to this, he is now two and a half gourds tall.


I don't think I've mentioned it before, but for quite a while now (4-5 months?), Lucas has had a strong interest in jewels, stones, and anything else that could be described as "treasure." He even has a box in his room where he stores any shiny objects that he finds or that someone gives him.

At Saunders Farm, they have a water trough that emulates panning for gold (or minerals, in this case). You can buy various-sized bags of sand and then use a sifter to discover what lies within. We've never done it in past visits, but I guess it was far and away Lucas's favorite thing during this latest trip. He didn't even bother doing the bouncy pillows, which is a must do when I go.



Showing off the results of his hard work.


One of the biggest draws at Saunders Farm is their mazes. Off the top of my head, I'd say they have between 10 and 15 different types of mazes. Apparently, there is a new one this year, a music maze. I haven't been through it yet since I only went to Saunders once this year, but based on the pictures my mom took, it looks interesting. The highlight, though, is a video of Lucas playing the xylophone and singing his ABCs. You can't help but laugh toward the end where he gets overexcited and accidentally whacks himself in the head with the mallet.



The obligatory cute picture of Lucas with pumpkins. It's hard to believe that's the same kid you see here.


1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks for the link back to Halloween, year one. I almost forgot how precious those pictures were. You've done a great job keeping up with this online journal. Thanks for the memories.

Laughed hysterically again at the maze pic.

Love,
Mom