Saturday, October 13, 2012

Massachusetts 2012 - Part 6b (The Rest of the Pics)

Almost across the street from my mom's place is the home of my 6th grade girlfriend's parents. Her dad is an avid hunter, and this year, we took him up on his offer to show Lucas how to use a bow. He got a chance to try out a normal bow...


...as well as a compound bow. I'm particularly impressed that I was able to catch the arrow in flight on an iPhone camera.


As you see in the picture below, Lucas had pretty good aim with the bow (not counting the two antler arrows that he stuck in manually.


Lucas even got a chance to try out a BB gun. Suffice to say, he had a good time that afternoon.


Here's our little Robin Hood in action:




Yet one more picture by the fire. Like I said, we were out there a LOT.


One afternoon, while no doubt feeling bored, my dad, Jared, and Lucas came up with this game that I dub Driveway Ball. I'm not sure of the rules, but it had something to do with pitching a ball out of the bed of a pickup truck and hitting it with an empty 2 liter bottle. I guess I do have redneck blood in me.




On one of the last nights in Massachusetts, I took the opportunity to do a little pout fishing. I haven't done it since I was about 12, so it was quite a nostalgic feeling. They were biting really well that night as I caught about 5 or 6 of them in less than an hour.


Marilu and my dad posing in the brewery at Hyland Orchard. Tasty beer!


More from Hyland Orchard, outside this time.







Great photo of Lucas with his two Grampys.


After Hyland Orchard, we went to Kevin's barn, which is almost literally across the street. Lucas got to interact with his horses.


And we wrap up the Massachusetts vacation with this cute shot of Lucas with his Uncle Jared.


The next couple of posts will be more recent pictures since I haven't posted much "new" stuff lately. However, I'm planning to post the Newfoundland pictures soon so keep an eye out for that. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

mom said...

We couldn't stop laughing. You definitely saved the best for last.Very redneck to be sure! You should e-mail Tracy and have her make sure her dad gets to see those pictures. I'm sure he'd love them.

See you Wed.