Monday, October 22, 2012

Grammy and Grampy Kevin's Visit

Hello again! For those of you unaware, my mom and Kevin flew up from Massachusetts last week, and Marilu and I were able to take a mini-vacation in Montreal this weekend. It was a complete relaxathon since our room had a huge jacuzzi tub (which I used no less than 4 times in 2 days), and we both slept in until after 11 on Saturday. Of course, Marilu only slept that long since she was wildly hung over, but that is neither here nor there. Whatever the case, I'm back, and it's time to do some more updating.

I should point out that we didn't take any pictures in Montreal. Well, we might have taken a drunken one of ourselves at Dieu du Ciel, a fantastic bar/brewery, but that's about it. We weren't there for sightseeing. On the plus side, my mom took plenty of photos of Lucas. I know I said I would get to the Newfoundland trip soon, but since these are new and show off Lucas's new look, I thought our summer trip could wait a couple more days. I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me. Of course, since virtually no one but my mom comments (and Tracey and Mary Jane), I don't think I'll hear a chorus of dissent. :P

As I've mentioned before (I think), Lucas is currently in Little Dragons, a martial arts for kids program done at a local studio. It's one of two after school programs we have him enrolled in, the other being swim lessons. Since he goes on Thursday night, my mom and Kevin were able to see one of his classes. We didn't take any of him at the class itself--I think that might be frowned upon--but we got some good shots of him when we got home.

Here he is showing off his white belt that has 7 stickers on it. Each session, they get a new sticker, and when they get 8 stickers, they move up to a new belt. That means he should get a new belt (yellow) this coming Thursday. You may also notice we've decorated for Halloween. And by "we," I almost entirely mean Marilu and Lucas.


Do you get the feeling he might be a class clown? Can't imagine where he is getting that from.


I prompted him to get into the fighting pose. Granted, they only spend about 5 minutes out of each class doing actual martial arts stuff, but I still thought this looked cool.


For some time now, Lucas has been saving money (from gifts and his new allowance) in order to purchase a Lego set that he really wanted. Its main attraction was the fact that one of the figures in it is a bear. Go figure. Since it's cheaper in the U.S., we had my mom buy it and bring it up with her. However, we were going to wait to give it to Lucas. However, in order to help keep him occupied while we were gone, we thought it might be a good idea to give it to him this weekend. Instead of just giving it to him from her suitcase, my mom "ordered" it with him early Friday, and it "arrived" later in the day. It sounds like he was proud to have used his own money to buy himself something. Here's the happy kid with his new Lego set.


File this under things you never thought you'd see: Kevin working on a Lego set.


Afterwards, Kevin and Lucas celebrate a job well done.


On Saturday, the three of them visited Saunders Farm. Since there are quite a few pictures from that trip, I'll give it its own entry tomorrow.

When we got back tonight, Lucas surprised Marilu with a present (from my mom and Kevin) and a cake that they had made for her birthday, which is coming up on Wednesday. Lucas asked if he could help blow out the candles, and honestly, how can you say no to that face?


I'm not sure why it looks like I am trying to blow the candles out as well. Hmm. Anyway, Saunders Farm tomorrow!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Well I pretty much have to comment on this post, don't I? ;)

I love Lucas' new hair, and he does do a good martial arts fighting pose. Thierry is in little dragons too. They don't do the sticker every week thing though. That's neat.