Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Highlights from August

Before I get into the pictures, I just wanted to update the bedwetting situation. The last 3-4 nights, Lucas has slept through the night without any incidents. And that's also without me taking him to the bathroom in the middle of the night. So we are keeping our fingers crossed that last week's accidents were little more than an aberration. (Update from the following morning: I jinxed him. He wet the bed again last night.)

Ok, onwards to August. I'm going to keep this short and sweet. The first picture is one that I thought was cute. Lucas decided to sleep on the floor of our room with his Spider-Man pillow and blanket.


Hmm, it seems like we were just at Saunders Farm. Oh well, here are some more from a trip where all three of us went.

For the record, this slide is pretty cool, even for adults.





An overhead look at some of the mazes at Saunders Farm. I should point out that Marilu took these photos. My fear of heights kept me from going past the second floor in the wooden structure from which the pictures were taken. I just didn't trust the damn thing.




It's hard to tell from this picture, but these things--called the Jumping Pillows--are ridiculously fun. Think back to those bouncy castles you jumped in as a kid at birthday parties and carnivals, and now imagine them  60 feet long and sturdy enough for adults. I would have jumped on this thing all day. It was that cool. Though I did accidentally launch Lucas off of it a couple of times. I'll try and remember to post the video of Marilu and Lucas jumping in the next entry or so.


And that's August in a nutshell. It may not seem like much, but keep in mind a good portion of August was spent in either Newfoundland or Massachusetts, and those pictures have already been posted. Speaking of which, I do have the ones my mom took while we were in Massachusetts so I may upload the highlights soon. But that's all for now. Excelsior!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Great pics of those mazes. Thanks Marilu for braving the heights. I had some good videos of you and Lucas jumping on those pillows from the Oct. visit in case you don't have others. I think you probably downloaded them at the end of my trip.

Nicole (Waelti) Engelman said...

JD! I was just thinking down the road as Lucan is reflecting back on all the time you've spent on this blog, what his facial expression will be when he reads these updates about his beed wetting. Do you have a separate savings account for his therapy bills? ;) Good stuff, my man!